Blueberry Mint Hard Seltzer Recipe
For 5 Gal (~19 LITERS)
- 4.5 lbs Dextrose
- One 5 gal Homebrew pack of Lutra (OYL-071)
- Propper Seltzer Nutrient homebrew Pack
- 3 lbs aseptic blueberry puree, 3 lbs frozen blueberries, or 2 oz Natural Blueberry Flavoring
- .75-1.5 oz fresh peppermint leaves
- Bring 5gall of water to ~180°F (82°C). Add choice sugar, circulate, and bring to a boil.
- Gently boil for 10 minutes. Check gravity and adjust accordingly until you’ve reading 10°P
- Turn off heat, add Propper Seltzer nutrient to the kettle, and mix or whirlpool until contents have thoroughly dissolved into solution
- Knock out sugar base to the fermenter at desired kveik fermentation temperature (80-95°F) while aerating to 8-10 ppm.
- Pitch yeast.
- Ferment to 1.000, 2-4 days based on temperature.
- Add blueberries and mint to the fermenter.
- Ferment to completion, an additional 2-3 days based on temperature.
- Cold crash, condition, fine, and package as you wish.
- Drink up!
- If you are adding other sugars (honey, turbinado, table sugar, agave), be sure to account for different PPGs.
- When flavoring with ingredients that include fermentables, add while yeast is finishing fermentation. Keep warm and allow for refermentation.
- If using fresh blueberries or mint, thoroughly wash before adding to the fermenter. If bottle conditioning, consider freezing the fruit or treating with campden tablets prior to adding to inhibit wild cultures.